SOLVED

Wait Step vs Multiple Batch Campaigns

Go to solution
Kim_Gandy1
Level 7

Wait Step vs Multiple Batch Campaigns

I have an email series that I want to schedule to send my smart list once a month. Which would be more efficient?

1. One smart campaign with 11 wait steps. Would this send to newly qualified leads on the smart list each month who may not have received it the month before?

2. 12 batch campaigns scheduled for each month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Wait Step vs Multiple Batch Campaigns

If this is a regular cadence program, then i would consider setting this up as an Engagement with a monthly or weekly entry flow with one campaign.

As Greg indicates, there are complexities that come up with long drip wait steps. I would love to get away from them for irregular cadences.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

I'm sure that there are some caveats to what you're trying to do, but if it's as simple as I think it is, how about a single campaign with a single flow action of Send Email and a recurring schedule that runs on a monthly basis. 

Devraj_Grewal

I would opt for one batch campaign and have it run 12 times. The reason for this is that when you have many flow steps in a single smart campaign with long wait steps, you run the risk of not removing leads from the flow if they no longer qualify (ex. lead status changes to "Do Not Contact" which would not have qualified the leads to run through to begin with). Instead, having one batch campaign running monthly allows the lead to qualify for the same smart campaign 12 separate times and if they no longer qualify for some reason (ex. lead status changes to "Do Not Contact") they will not run through the flow again.

Josh_Hill13

If this is a regular cadence program, then i would consider setting this up as an Engagement with a monthly or weekly entry flow with one campaign.

As Greg indicates, there are complexities that come up with long drip wait steps. I would love to get away from them for irregular cadences.

Kim_Gandy1
Level 7

This sounds like the best option because it is not the same email sent each month. Thanks Josh!