SOLVED

Re: Wait Step Issue

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Trevor,

The Chronic Non-Responder/Unengaged list does have members and it can be seen in the campaign history tab that members were added from that list on the 15th of the last two months and are still stuck in the wait step. (see below) This makes sense for those on July 15th, but all the members added on June 15th have already passed 30 days, should be moving to the next step.

pastedImage_0.png

Here is a screenshot of the Chronic Non-Responder/Unengaged Smart List.

pastedImage_1.png

This does make we wonder though if that last step in the chronic non-responders (not program Status success) is causing an issue, since simply being added to the operational program defaults to a success = true.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Gary,

Based on what you mentioned above, my guess is that people do not qualify for the "Remove Non Opens" campaign because they do not qualify for the "Chronic Non-Responder" smart list (because their program status WAS changed to "Success=True" within the last 180 days)

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Trevor,

Regardless if they do not qualify for the requested campaign, the "campaign was requested" flow step activity will still initiate. The issue is that it has not even been requested yet since those people are still in the wait step. The issue is with them being in that wait step.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Devraj,

That makes sense. My thinking was that the "Request Campaign" flow step may not show up as initiated if the lead is disqualified from the campaign being requested but I confirmed that is not the case.

I agree with you that this is related to adjustments made to flow steps after the campaign was launched. When a flow step is added to a campaign with wait steps, there may be similar issues to what happens when a flow step is deleted:

Delete a Flow Step - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that is an interesting theory and could in fact explain all the folks still being in the wait step. I.e. there were 3 steps in the flow when the campaign first ran on June 15th @ 2am. I added an additional step to the start to correct the "non-membership" issue June 15th at 3pm. This made the wait step now step 3 instead of step 2. Folks who complete the flow step (step 2 before) move onto step 3 (which is now the wait step vs the call campaign). Effectively they exit the wait step only to enter the same wait step again since the wait step has moved from step 2 to step 3. If this is true, come August ~15th all these folks should process through (both June and July). I didn't realize the wait steps recorded the position when executed, so I just learned something there.

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Precisely. So if you'd like, I would recommend manually removing these leads from the flow and then manually requesting the other campaign.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Devraj and Trevor. I think you both helped me figure out what was going on here and I gain some more knowledge on Marketo in the process. Thanks for your help.