Visits Web Page Trigger

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visits Web Page Trigger

I am attempting to tie web pages to smart campaigns thorugh the the Visits Web Page trigger.  I have confirmed that the URLs exist and the Munckin code is attached, but Marketo isn't activating the programs because it says it doesn't recognize the address. 

How can I troubleshoot this issue?  Our instance has been hit and miss on reading web pages (some of this may be due to our website infrastructure though). 
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Visits Web Page Trigger

Are you using the same landing page name or URL as the argument in the Visits Web Page filter as it appears in the Activity Log?  When referencing a web page URL, don't include "http://".
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does that include external web pages tracked via Munckin code?

I contacted Marketo support and they looked at the pages we were tracking and said that we had compatibility issues with jQuery and needed to make an update.  Any thoughts on what he's talking about?  It's been a while since I've done any serious web development.  I'm an automation and analytics ninja.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes it does Chris.

For Marketo LPs, you can reference the page name OR the URL w/o the "http://"

For your main site, you need to remove "http://"

When you do Clicks Link in Email/Sales Email, you do reference "http://" 

Not sure what jQuery problem you're having though. Hopefully Support helped.
Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

i am trying to use visits web page for some un gated pdfs

i am putting in these URLs but getting error message:
www.enkata.com/sites/default/files/downloads/EnkataForSales_Brochure.pdf
www.enkata.com/sites/default/files/downloads/EnkataForClaims_Brochure.pdf
www.enkata.com/sites/default/files/downloads/Enkata_SalesPerfMgmt_SolutionBrief.pdf
www.enkata.com/sites/default/files/downloads/EnaktaClaimsSolutionBrief.pdf
www.enkata.com/sites/default/files/downloads/EnaktaTrizettoSolutionBrief.pdf

can marketo not track these kind of pages?  do i have to create a download page they go to first from our site so marketo can see to track?
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Thats not technically a web page. Try the web page that your above links are on and use a Visited webpage fillter to see if you generated any leads. If the webpage is brand new, then you must go visit it to stamp your lead with that activity history.

Michelle_Summe1
Level 1

I'm trying to move a lead from program status 'clicked' (when they land on my Marketo LP) to 'converted' once they submit the form.  My LPs are set up with a separate LP url for a Thank you page - the page someone sees after they click submit.

I made my smart list trigger  "visits webpage is Thank you page name'.  The name was in the picklist as an option. So I did not put in the url.  When I tested it, it did not change my program status to 'converted' as speicified by the smart list and the flow. But when I made the smart list trigger as "Fills out form is (the Marekto form name) and the form is part of a specific program, it worked.  So is there something special about thank you pages and the way they are set up in Marketo? I thought it was just regular navigation from LP to thank you LP.
Thnaks for your  help!
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Michelle,

It's difficult to say without having a live example.  It's possible that your munchkin code is set up incorrectly, or a number of other possibiltiy with the smart campaign setup.  You may wish to log a support case with some examples so we can take a closer look.
Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

Edward,
our pdfs are not actually on a page of our site. they are hosted on our server and have URLs but are not embedded on our site.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

@Trish V,
Ok, have you tried 'Clicks link' trigger and use contains (.pdf) or SolutionBrief.pdf, _Brochure.pdf ?