Re: Visit Web Page working sporadically?

Bruce_Bailey
Level 2

Visit Web Page working sporadically?

So as I am looking into some activity logs I have noticed that not all of the pages a user visited is being logged in "Visited Web Page".  I noticed this with myself and other co-workers as I was testing new landing pages and forms.  Even when on the page, I fill out a form and end up on the thank you page.  In my log I see "Filled out form", but not the page I was on or the thank you page I ended up on.  But sporadic pages that I visited early in the day and yesterday show up.  Not all of them of course, but a few.  Any ideas why it would not be tracking all pages?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Bruce - It sounds like Munchkin tracking may be missing from a few of your pages. The first place I'd recommend checking would be the web pages themselves. Depending on how you have the munchkin tracking implemented, you should either be able to see the Munchkin code referenced in the HTML of the page (example below) or by using a browser plugin, such as built with.

XWBtBP6.png

Bruce_Bailey
Level 2

Hey Tim!  Thanks for the response.  That was my first check.  It is in the footer of the site template, so it does for sure show up on all the pages.  I checked the pages in question too just to be sure, and it does show up

<script type="text/javascript">

$.ajax({
  url: '//munchkin.marketo.net/munchkin.js',
  dataType: 'script',
  cache: true,
  success: function() {
  Munchkin.init('outIdeHere');
  }
});
</script>

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please link to a few of your URLs so we can check further.

Also -- not to be defeatist -- do you have an estimate of your current daily pageviews + clicks? Is it > 1MM?

Bruce_Bailey
Level 2

Sorry for the delay in response.  Here are a couple of URLs that  I know I have visited and filled out forms.  The pages are not showing up, but "Filled out form" is in the activity log.

https://www.cxtec.com/ppc/save-big-with-tpm/

https://www.cxtec.com/ppc/buy-cisco-for-less/

Thanks so much for the help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Bruce - Did you ever find out what happened with your issue here?

Bruce_Bailey
Level 2

Sadly I have not and it is still happening.

Julz_James
Level 10

When I had this problem I discovered that I had to visit each page first before the munchkin tracking would start working.

Not sure if that was just a local issue with all our sites, but it worked as soon as I'd visited the page.

Thanks

Juli