Re: Visit Web Page - ignore pages that i dont want to track

Yaron_Meiner
Level 2

Visit Web Page - ignore pages that i dont want to track

I have a few pages in the website where i want the munchkin but i don't want to track the page view. Is there a way for me to remove the page view from specific pages? some kind of meta that is telling marketo - don't trigger a munchkin page view or something like that.

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

please describe your use case more?

If Munchkin is on the page, it will fire (barring exceptions) and log the activity.

If you don't want a Trigger Campaign to fire, tell it to ignore that URL.

Otherwise I'm not sure what you are attempting to do.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, you can use a custom <meta> or any other kind of signal, together with the apiOnly directive.  But you have to be able to control the Munchkin initialization, it will not work with any pre-inserted Munchkin.

Like:

<meta name="munchkin-disable-initial" content="">
<script>
(function(){
  var disableAutoMunchkinVWP = !!document.querySelector("meta[name='munchkin-disable-initial']");
  Munchkin.init("AAA-123-CCC", { apiOnly : disableAutoMunchkinVWP } );
})();
</script>

Yaron_Meiner
Level 2

I thought about this but it means that i need to edit the munchkin code. I'm trying to stick to original since I am using a maintained Drupal module but I think i am changing my approach now a bit. The only reason i need to not track the specific page is that i am using it to retrieve the marketo cookie by a get from another site. 

It's a chicken and an egg thing - if the user is new to the websites and travels in a secondary site, i want them to be introduced to the cookie in the main site so i can share the cookie id between sites (iframe comm, you wouldn't expect me to do simple things anyway 😁). when i look at the activity log of the user - I see the visits to the page in the iframe. It could be an ok solution but our salespeople use sales insights and look at the pages the user was looking at.

I guess the solution would be to transfer back the page with parms to a custom page that is viewed and use apiOnly + shoot a visitWebPage.