Visibility on our emails going into Junk?

Tammy_Chan
Level 3

Visibility on our emails going into Junk?

Has anyone experienced trying to get more visibility on whether or not their emails are filtering into junk/Spam? Any workflows around this for visibility/improvements?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Ellie_Lewis3
Level 3

Re: Visibility on our emails going into Junk?

I can't speak to visibility into junk/spam filtering but in regards to deliverability I did come across this recently and thought it was cool to be able to see how many people are marking your emails as spam in their ESP: 

https://nation.marketo.com/community/product_and_support/blog/2017/06/03/why-don-t-unsubscribe-numbe...

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: Visibility on our emails going into Junk?

Basically, seed your lists and check the inboxes which will let you know let you know to an extent if there's anything wrong with your emails. This is because spam filter settings are individualistic to the inbox (don't confuse spam filters and blacklists), e.g. I can set my hotmail inbox to exclusive which will divert all emails to junk spam unless you're in my contacts list. Gmail has the primary and promotions inbox which uses algorithms to sort emails and eventually sorts emails differently after learning your preferences.