Viewing behavior trends of SQLs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Viewing behavior trends of SQLs

We're trying to revamp our lead scoring and would like to use actual data to support it. I'd like to look at our Sales Qualified Leads (the step just before becoming an opportunity in our revenue model) and see trends in behavior/activity among them. 

Other than looking at the activity log of every individual SQL, has anyone found a way to efficiently report on lead activity in order to see trends? 

Thanks for the help.

Megan
4 REPLIES 4
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Viewing behavior trends of SQLs

Hey Megan,

Do you use your Success Path Analyzer? If you have a modeler in place, this should be up and running. Here you can see a higher view of balances, flows, time in stages, and conversions.

On a lower level you could mess around with leads by x reports. This also gives you the ability to create smart lists and pull them in a custom columns. So maybe you'd want to create different smart lists for score ranges or creation date, depending on what exactly you're trying to prove with the scoring.

Hope this helps!
Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kim, 

We do use the success path analyzer a little, but I don't think anything I'm looking can be found in there... I want to know what behaviors/actions were taken by the prospect that led to him/her hitting the SQL stage. I don't care how many people are in that stage, or conversion rate, or any other metrics for this particular project. I'd ideally like some sort of pivot table that I can use to see X number/percentage of our SQLs visited the pricing page, X percentage downloaded whitepaper ABC, X percentage clicked a link in an email, etc. 

Let me know if you know of anything that can help - or maybe this info is in the success path analyzer and I'm just not familiar enough with it?

Thank you!

Megan
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can look at Leads by SQL using Lead Performance and then try to do one of the following:
-in SFDC, find all of those people and sift through data like SFDC Campaigns
-in Marketo, can you constrain the smart list by X factor?
-in Marketo, see Opportunity Analyzer to review touches before, during, and after Opps.
-create smart lists of different behaviors you want to view by Lead Status. Or what Kim said.

You might be able to do more if you were tracking Stages and entry/exit dates.
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Thanks, Josh! Yeah Opp Analyzer is a good one I forgot to mention.