Re: View in browser -> 404

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Also, I used a list with the same structure and your exact code and didn't have the same problem. Are you using this CO in some other VTL in the same email (try reducing the email to just this token to test)?

Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

Hey there Sandy,

I was able to get the URL functional with mktNoTrack, but haven't taken it from there to do anything else yet. I am using the CO twice in this scenario -- once to grab a specific range of data (top 3), and again to grab the remainder and style it differently in a separate section.

Can you explain the [$a] suggestion a little bit more? My understanding of the syntax here is falling behind.

Thanks

Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

Ok I tried the [$a] syntax you described above (thanks!). Worked in the script, but the inbox output was still the same. Also tried reducing the script to one instance, and still getting the same tracking decoration failure

Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

Hey there again, Sandy.

Just finished trying a few versions of an intermediate variable ($url). The encryption step seems to work—Marketo is successfully passing a tracked  URL:

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 11.31.50 AM.png

But the actual output behind that encrypted URL is this:

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 11.33.27 AM.png

As you can see it's just pushing an encoded version of "$url" instead of the desired URL value

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You have my email, I think -- ping me and we can work on this offline.

Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

I do, both of them in fact. Sent!