SOLVED

Re: Velocity script in email template

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Velocity script in email template

Hi,

Is it possible to add velocity script in an email template ?

The goal I'm trying to achieve is to hide some part of the html (of the mail) depending on a variable value (boolean variable - mktoBoolean). I'd like to not use an "html mail trick" (use this boolean variable to set heights of the elements I want to hide to 0). That's why I think using a velocity script would be a very good solution.

Thank you in advance for your help or ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Bonjour Pierre,

A velocity script is nothing more than a token that you can of course include in any template. BUT:

• You will not be able to test it from the design studio as no token can be set there
  • If order to check that it works, the only way will be to create some real emails in the Marketing Activities.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Bonjour Pierre,

A velocity script is nothing more than a token that you can of course include in any template. BUT:

• You will not be able to test it from the design studio as no token can be set there
  • If order to check that it works, the only way will be to create some real emails in the Marketing Activities.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gregoire for your answer. So there is no way to have "conditionally used" html on marketo template email (with other tools) ?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes, you can set a velocity token. But you will not see the result until you create an actual email.

-Greg