Validar Sessions - Best Practices for Marketo Import?

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Validar Sessions - Best Practices for Marketo Import?

Hi everyone,

This question is targeted to Validar users but if you are familiar with the event insight system your feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

How do you all handle the individual session import into Marketo? We have a few events coming up where we have up to 30 sessions and an individual can attend several in one day.

The easiest solution (but potentially messiest) is creating 30 unique fields for each session and importing the information from Validar matching the fields in Marketo. Is there anything else people have done to easily import session level information?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Validar Sessions - Best Practices for Marketo Import?

Hey Ayan, I don't have the best answer for you, but before doing any import and field creation, I'd try to get a solid understanding of what you plan to do with this information. Maybe it can be cleaned up in excel before importing specific parts of the information into Marketo? Overall, I'd just be concerned with bringing in a lot of irrelevant clutter to your database. While Marketo can handle it, it will definitely make sorting through the data much more challenging.