Re: Using token for Landing Page content but ascii showing up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using token for Landing Page content but ascii showing up

I am creating a landing page template and hard-coding the token name into the HTML.

In tokens I am using a text token for the image URL and rich text token for the body content.

When viewing the approved page, the image shows up - but I see when I view source, the whole URL is in ascii. When looking at the body content, the HTML tags are showing up (and again in view source, I see all the ascii code) 

Example of what I see on approved page: <span style="font-size: 14px;">Hello</span>

Does anyone know why this is and the work-around? I am more of an email coder, so I'm guessing it's something in a stylesheet I'm reference but am not sure. Was hoping there was a simple solution to this.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Are you copying the HTML into the rich text editor without first clicking the "HTML" button in the rich text editor? If you copy the straight HTML into the WYSIWYG of a rich text token, it'll think you literally wanted to output "</span>" to the viewer. When you're creating HTML in a separate area and then inputting into a rich text token, make sure you click that small "HTML" button on the WYSIWYG.

Best,

Edward Unthank | Founder, Etumos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Edward,

I was actually formatting the text in WYSIWG so I just wrote "hello" and changed the font with the drop down menu.

It seems to me that the problem is just that whatever I put into the token field is getting turned into ascii. 

Any other insight you have?

Thanks!