SOLVED

Re: Using the date operators

Go to solution
Nicol_Maurer
Level 3

Using the date operators

I tend to overthink these a lot, so I need clarification. I've been asked to put some constraints on an existing smart list to EXCLUDE anyone with an approval within the last 30 days. The field is LatestApprovalDate. Should I be using the LatestApprovalDate in past before 30 days? Or LatestApprovalDate before 30 days? Or maybe even a fancy formula? I'll take any suggestions, as the more I analyze it the less sense it makes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

in past before 30 days is what you want. If you use "before" you need to enter an explicit date.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

in past before 30 days is what you want. If you use "before" you need to enter an explicit date.

Nicol_Maurer
Level 3

Thanks, Justin! Sometimes I just need to get out of my head!

William_Moudry1
Level 2

I need to do the same thing (on the Lead Was Created field), but the "in past before" operator is not available. Has this been removed from Marketo? Is there a replacement?

William Moudry
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi William,

It has not been removed, it just has never been there on the lead was created filter.... In fact "In Past Before" and "In future after" are only available on date fields, not in the "date of activity" constraint on activity filters.

You may want to use the "Created at" date filter.

Or you can combine the "lead was created" and "not lead was created" with different time frames.

-Greg

William_Moudry1
Level 2

Thanks, Greg! I ended up getting there with 2 lists. I set up one Smart List that finds leads created "in past" "6 months". Then I set up a second Smart List that finds leads not in the first list. But using "Created at" with "in past before" is simpler.

William Moudry
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Nicol,

Use the "In Past before" operator.

See here : Smart List Filter Operators Glossary - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

-Greg

Nicol_Maurer
Level 3

Thanks for your help, Gregoire!Grégoire Michel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gregoire,

If I want to specify people who were created longer than 12 months ago, would I use the "in past before 12 months"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to specify time of day on a specific date when using the "on or after" operator? For example, do x for all people who registered on or after 10/12/2017 2:00PM? From what I've seen, you can only use hours when using "in past," using "on or after" only allows you to specify the day.