Using the Marketo Calendar as an editorial calendar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the Marketo Calendar as an editorial calendar

We're fairly new to Marketo and my colleagues managing content would like to develop an editorial calendar as well as a marketing calendar.  So, this would track content as it moves through the editorial workflow, is proofread & copyedited, published, used for additional purposes (ex: content for a whitepaper re-used for an infographic and a newsletter article), and eventually sunsetted.

Is it possible to use the Marketo Calendar for that purpose?  Or is it standard to use something external to Marketo for that purpose?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Re: Using the Marketo Calendar as an editorial calendar

The calendar is going to be best utilized for campaign launches of your content. In terms of managing your content funnel/process, I'd recommend using Google Docs with comments; those tend to be easiest. For inside of Marketo, you could keep the content (if it's a landing page/email) inside of the design studio, then move it over to the program when it's approved, which is more of a way to use a functionality within Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks much, Kristen! I really needed to know whether editorial workflow tracking/calendaring was there in-product and it sounds like it's not.

So, it sounds like this is a functionality hole in the Calendar, true?

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Roman,

It's possible to use the calendar to make any entry you want, but it wasn't really designed to track design assets so much as campaigns and programs.

If you do choose to use it to log other stuff, what I usually recommend is creating a single program that can be the center for your entries. This allows you to have all of your random calendar entries based in a single place.

Create Entries Directly in the Marketing Calendar - Marketo Docs - Product Docs