Using "text" type attributes as filters in a smart list

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Using "text" type attributes as filters in a smart list

We're getting errors in one of our smart lists.  One of the filters includes a field that has a type of "text" (not "string).  I noticed that when using text type filters, you don't have the option to include multiple values (notice how there's no greeen "+" icon for the "content engagement history" filter:

pastedImage_1.png

Is this intentional/expected behavior?

Would this cause an error when adding the "send email" smart campaign to an engagement program stream (Marketo will not allow us to approve it within the stream)?

pastedImage_2.png

2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Using "text" type attributes as filters in a smart list

Hey Dan, I think it's expected behavior to not have the + on text fields, but it's strange that you can't save that campaign. I haven't seen that issue before with EPs . I'm going to assume you've tried deleting/re-adding it?

Top is text, bottom is string

pastedImage_1.png

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Using "text" type attributes as filters in a smart list

Hi Dory - since it's part of the "send email" smart campaign, there's nothing to approve/activate within the nested program.  So it looks like this in the program:

pastedImage_0.png

But when we add it to the stream, Marketo throws up an error, making it impossible to activate within the stream.  Yeah, we tried deleting it and adding it back in.