SOLVED

Re: Using "Person Created" Field to Expire Prospects

Go to solution
John_Loftis
Level 2

Using "Person Created" Field to Expire Prospects

Hi,

I'm trying to create a smart campaign that changes the status of a lead based on their creation date. I want to change the value of a custom field to 'Lost Prospect' if a person is created in the past two years, but hasn't converted, regardless of activity.

I have the Trigger Setup as "Person Created is in past before 2 years" along with a couple of other internal attribute fields related to membership status. The flow is setup as Change Data Value Attribute: Prospect Stage with New Value: Lost Prospect.

Is that going to work? I'm having a hard time finding documentation to verify this.

Thanks,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are you referring to the lead created date in Marketo or the created date in your CRM? I would just recommend you run a batch campaign instead and have it scheduled to run daily.

Smart list:

- "lead was created" with the constraint of date of activity: in past before 2 years

- also bring in the inactivity filter of "not was was converted" and "X" out the date of activity constraint.

That will yield all persons that were created more than 2 years ago but have not been converted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal

Are you referring to the lead created date in Marketo or the created date in your CRM? I would just recommend you run a batch campaign instead and have it scheduled to run daily.

Smart list:

- "lead was created" with the constraint of date of activity: in past before 2 years

- also bring in the inactivity filter of "not was was converted" and "X" out the date of activity constraint.

That will yield all persons that were created more than 2 years ago but have not been converted.

John_Loftis
Level 2

Hi Devraj,

I appreciate the response. I managed to work this out since my post back in August of 2015. I created the following Smart List and scheduled it to run twice a week. The Flow is Change Data Value Prospect Stage to Lost Prospect.

Prospecting.png

Devraj_Grewal

"Created At" is the Marketo created date, just so you know.

I would also bring in the inactivity filter of "not lead was converted" since you wanted to make sure those were not included in the flow step.

John_Loftis
Level 2

Hi Devraj,

Great points. I think I covered that with the Member Type field is empty. If that field is populated, the person has joined as a member and is considered converted.

Thanks,John