Using emails from one engagement program in another - will it resend?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using emails from one engagement program in another - will it resend?

I am creating a v2 of a nurture program but want to leave v1 running until all v2 engagement programs (EPs) are ready. Some v1 content will continue to be used. The content is in emails, not programs, belonging to the v1 EP, i.e. located in the v1 EP. If I simply drop the emails from the v1 EP onto the stream in the v2 EP, can I be sure when we switch the leads from v1 to v2 that they will not be resent content that they had previously been sent by the v1 EP, as I'm using the same email assets? I would hope so, but wasn't sure if the emails are local to the v1 EP.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Using emails from one engagement program in another - will it resend?

Program vs. Email doesn't matter here.

I'm pretty sure this is based entirely on Asset ID. However, I also thought that it was within the Engagement and not across the system. I know I read some recent threads where this seemed to be universal based on Asset ID, thus your leads should not get duplicate content.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Josh. I have mostly used programs in engagement programs previously. I thought that I recalled reading that there was a difference between emails and programs, but I can't find any discussions on it. I know for programs Marketo checks membership as the decider for "received previously".

Cheryl Chavez​ can you give me a definitive answer to this one? I know if the assets are outside the engagement program, we're good, but if they reside in another engagement program, does Marketo still recognise it as the same asset?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni