SOLVED

Re: Using an alternate email address as a token

Go to solution
Monica_Koran
Level 3

Using an alternate email address as a token

Hello-

I have built out a campaign to which anyone who participates in our referral campaign via ShortStack and submits a referral, it will sync over to Marketo.  Please see below:

1.Current Student submits referral via shortstack

2. Referral information syncs over to Marketo generating a new lead record and a email is sent to them letting them know someone they know thinks they would be a good fit.

3. We would also like to send a triggered email to the Current Student who referred them (thus they are already in our database)

-I added additional field to Marketo "Nominator Email Address" and added this to the sync coming from ShortStack to Marketo

-I built a trigger campaign so that if this field is populated (Nominator Email Address), send alert to "other email" using the token: {{lead.Nominator Email Address}}

However, the token is not working at all.  Can anyone help or provide insight as to why it wouldn't work? Or have a suggestion to how I can build it differently?

I do not want to do a CDV as I don't want to lose the "new referral information" lead I just created.

Thanks in advance!

Monica

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Using a token in Send Alert on the To Other field is only permitted during a Trigger campaign.

Is your trigger Data Value Changes? Are you sure that's triggering in this case?

Screenshots?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Using a token in Send Alert on the To Other field is only permitted during a Trigger campaign.

Is your trigger Data Value Changes? Are you sure that's triggering in this case?

Screenshots?

Monica_Koran
Level 3

Thanks Josh!  That was the missing piece of the puzzle!  I was "testing" so I had just a filter for the smart list....not a trigger.  When I changed that, it worked perfectly. 

Thanks again!

Monica