Re: Using UTMs to Append Lead Source & Most Recent Lead Source

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using UTMs to Append Lead Source & Most Recent Lead Source

As a new Marketo user, I have a question about how to use UTM to append my first touch (lead source) and most recent lead source field. I want to set my Marketo fields so that based on the UTM (or a default 'direct traffic' if there's no UTM), it would append the information into the Lead Source field and then lock the value in that field so that it cannot be updated. However, at the same time, I have a custom field called Most Recent Lead Source that is constantly being overwritten so that every time a prospect comes across a link (with or without UTM), it overwrites the information on my Most Recent Lead Source field.

Does any have suggestions or experience on how they set up "multi-touch" within Marketo? Also, we do not use Marketo Landing Pages or Forms since we made the decision to use Wordpress.

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Using UTMs to Append Lead Source & Most Recent Lead Source

First, you can use Marketo Forms with wordpress. You can use Marketo LPs as well. If you are having trouble, there are solutions on launchpoint or you can get a developer to help.

Second, please see my article A Marketing Attribution Model that Works for Marketing Automation - Marketo & Salesforce - Consultin...

Marketing Attribution Setup Checklist - Marketing Rockstar Guides