SOLVED

Using Salesforce campaign ID to assign to Salesforce campaign

Go to solution
Eoin_Lyons1
Level 2

Using Salesforce campaign ID to assign to Salesforce campaign

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to use Salesforce campaign IDs to assign people to Salesforce campaigns.

The reason for this is so that I can use the SFDC ID as a hidden field on the landing page, which will be attached to the person and we will sync them with a token of the SFDC ID field. That way, I can use master forms and Marketo will not need to be involved in the creation of a new web page (same form and inputting a unique SFDC ID each time). I've seen this done before but I don't know how if the setting was in Salesforce or Marketo that said "On sync, if campaign ID = xxxxxxxxx, then sync lead to SFDC campaign https://company.my.salesforce.com/xxxxxxxxx.

I've tried this process but it doesn't seem to be working - Assigning leads to Salesforce campaigns dynamically

Thanks,

Eoin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kyle_McCormick
Level 5

Re: Using Salesforce campaign ID to assign to Salesforce campaign

This is interesting. So I just tested it and it did the same thing for me. Looking at how our programs are set up, we are actually using tokens and when I tested with the same example with a token, it worked. Can you add the SFDC campaign ID to either a field on the lead or as a token in the program? Here is the example that works for us:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,
Kyle

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Kyle_McCormick
Level 5

Hi Eoin,

When you tried the process in the link you have, what was the issue? Were you getting a sync error in the activity logs and what field type is the field you're using to store the ID?

Thanks,

Kyle

Eoin_Lyons1
Level 2

Hey Kyle,

In the "Add to SFDC campaign area I put the campaign ID instead of a token. In the results area it said "Skipped Do Nothing' was set for this choice".

Thanks,

Eoin

Kyle_McCormick
Level 5

Hi Eoin,

Since the results are showing "Skipped Do Nothing", do you have multiple choices in the add to sfdc flow? Do you mind sharing a screenshot of your flows?
Thanks,
Kyle

Eoin_Lyons1
Level 2

Hey Kyle,

Below is the only flow step in the campaign I have.

Thanks,

Eoin

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 2.53.34 PM.png

Kyle_McCormick
Level 5

Ahh, try removing the last three characters. I think this only works with ID15 and not ID18 campaign IDs.

Eoin_Lyons1
Level 2

That didn't work unfortunately...I ran the campaign with the ID15 value and am still seeing 'skipped', but when I returned to the flow steps, the value had been wiped from the campaign area:

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 3.43.09 PM.png

Kyle_McCormick
Level 5

This is interesting. So I just tested it and it did the same thing for me. Looking at how our programs are set up, we are actually using tokens and when I tested with the same example with a token, it worked. Can you add the SFDC campaign ID to either a field on the lead or as a token in the program? Here is the example that works for us:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,
Kyle

Eoin_Lyons1
Level 2

That worked! Thank you so much for your help here Kyle - really appreciate it.