SOLVED

Re: Using SFDC Forms and Marketo Campaigns

Go to solution
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Using SFDC Forms and Marketo Campaigns

Hello!

We are currently using SFDC generated forms on our website.  Due to the fact the site is responsive, we're wary of putting the Marketo forms in an iframe and instead are looking into other solutions.

That said, is there a way to keep the SFDC forms on our website, but trigger Marketo actions?  For example, if we give the SFDC form a name or assign it to a campaign, could we trigger the specified Marketo actions after the fact?  Or does everything need to be hooked into a Marketo form?

Thanks!
Jenn
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yep, that's the way to do this.

SFDC will create dupes unless you've setup an auto-deduper, which is why I migrated away from SFDC W2L forms asap.

I also used the web to lead codes and SFDC Campaign Member statuses to help trigger Marketo actions and autoresponders.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jenn,

You can trigger Marketo campaigns via SFDC form fill outs. One down side to this is that any action desired will be in tune with the sync between SFDC and Mkto. For my company, we slowed the sync to every 30-35 minutes, meaning if there is a form fillout 4 minutes after the last sync, then any qualifying campaigns will not be triggered for at least 25 mins. May not be that big a deal, but just something to consider.

Depending on the fields you have in your form, you build a trigger campaign in SFDC using the "Lead is Created" trigger. Then, in the contstraints, you can determine which Lead creating activity qualifies for the campaign. You can use other filters to further restrict campaign qualification. You can also trigger campaigns if the Lead existed already. Be careful with this because, if my memory serves me correctly, SFDC forms do not auto-populate so you can be creating duplicate Leads for the same person. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yep, that's the way to do this.

SFDC will create dupes unless you've setup an auto-deduper, which is why I migrated away from SFDC W2L forms asap.

I also used the web to lead codes and SFDC Campaign Member statuses to help trigger Marketo actions and autoresponders.
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

If responsiveness of the web form is the main concern for you. You can add a Marketo form on this page and use CSS to make it responsive.  See https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqgCAC. Then Marketo actions would be a cinch.

In Salesforce - if you wish you can add a trigger on lead creation for salesforce only steps.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Hey Josh,

Can you explain how SFDC will create dupes?  Does that mean that, say, we have a list stored in our Marketo database and, if someone from that receives a marketing email and fills out a W2L form, there will then be two records we'll have to merge?

That sounds like a pain.

That said, we'll be using Marketo forms for everything else (landing pages, etc).  It's just this one form on our newly designed website that already exists.  I'd like to avoid the risk of needing to redo any work or flubbing up what's already going on in SFDC.

Thanks for all your recommendations, guys!
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Hey Josh,

Can you explain how SFDC will create dupes?  Does that mean that, say, we have a list stored in our Marketo database and, if someone from that receives a marketing email and fills out a W2L form, there will then be two records we'll have to merge?

That sounds like a pain.

That said, we'll be using Marketo forms for everything else (landing pages, etc).  It's just this one form on our newly designed website that already exists.  I'd like to avoid the risk of needing to redo any work or flubbing up what's already going on in SFDC.

Thanks for all your recommendations, guys!