Using SFDC Case Numbers In Marketo

Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Using SFDC Case Numbers In Marketo

We recently launched an NPS program to track customer satisfaction with our support team. Any time a case is closed in SFDC, that contact gets added to an SFDC campaign, and I trigger off of "is added to campaign" to send an email pointing to the survey. Although we have launched this, the next step is to now try to point the survey responses directly to the case, but this is proving to be difficult since I can't write to SFDC cases from Marketo.

To get this done, my initial thought was to create a new field called "NPS Case Number" on the contact object, and simply update that field from Marketo using a token value from the Case number. -- e.g., change data value like NPS Case = {{NPS CASE #}}. From there, we would write a workflow in SFDC to send this information into the case. However, this doesn't seem to be possible, since I can't use Case constraints as tokens.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can send information collected into Marketo into an SFDC case? My assumption is that with Velocity scripting, this would be possible, but I'm hoping there is another option since I don't know anything about velocity.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Using SFDC Case Numbers In Marketo

My assumption is that with Velocity scripting, this would be possible, but I'm hoping there is another option since I don't know anything about velocity.

Velocity works at the email level, allowing you to add this CO data within email content/links.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "point the survey responses directly to the case." Is the survey a Marketo form?  Or another service which can similarly fill hidden fields from URL parameters?  Why can't you append the Case # to the survey link if so?

Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Thanks Sanford,

The survey is a Marketo form. Since "Case Number" is in the case object as a constraint (and not a field), I wasn't sure if I would be to append the case number to the survey link. If you think this is an option, I will investigate.

Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The survey is a Marketo form. Since "Case Number" is in the case object as a constraint (and not a field), I wasn't sure if I would be to append the case number to the survey link. If you think this is an option, I will investigate.

You will use Velocity for this -- that's what it's designed for!

Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Thanks Sanford!