Re: Using Responsive Template - Not looking right

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Responsive Template - Not looking right

I used one of the Marketo responsive templates to create an email. When I send myself a test of the Marketo template (not my email), it looks good on my phone. However, when I sent a test to my mobile phone of  the email using the template it didn't look good (things were all off). Has anyone experienced similar problems? Any idea why this is happening/how I can fix this?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I used some of the responsive email templates and most of the problems I saw were on how the images displayed on my iphone.  When I replaced the images from the templates, to fix the image display problem, I removed the image constraint and it worked for me.  I'm not sure if that's the same issue you're experiencing. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to un-constrain my images, but unfortunately it didn't seem to help in the mobile test. I'm using the Scareware template. In the mobile test, the ribbon is only 3/4 the length it should be, the picture is a lot larger and the font all seems too small. And similar to the ribbon issuel, the footer is only 3/4 the length it should be as well. It's very odd!
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Kelly,

I didn't see any font rendering problems with ours.  How about try removing the image width and height on the image editor.  I used a few of the responsive emails but not the one you're using.  I also saw that the footer on mine was 3/4 the length, and our top graphics were being squished.  
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

Whish template did you download?

If you discovered a bug, please submit a support request; ideally with screen shots and description of the device where you encountered the issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I actually figured out why this was happening. I had added an image to the 3rd box of body. I think this is what was distoring the image in the mobile view b/c that box is really intended for text not a graphic. Without the rectangular graphic, the email looks great in my mobile device.

Nicole - the template I was using was Scareware template.

I think the takeaway here is to use the box as it's intended/designed.