Using Regex to Match URL Patterns in "Visited Web Page" Trigger or Filter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Regex to Match URL Patterns in "Visited Web Page" Trigger or Filter

Hi all, 

I am trying to use a "Visited Web Page" trigger based on a specific page in our web app. 

The URL for this page is dynamic with some static elements -- so for example, 

htttp://app1.clearfit.com/[unique-employer-ID]/jobs/[unique-job-ID]/sample

I want the trigger to fire whenever there is a combination of "app1", "jobs", and "sample" in the URL. I can't use these things in isolation because individually they will match a variety of pages -- only together do they match this distinct URL. I also can't just use the whole URL because there are sections that are different for each user. 

In Google Analytics I could use Reg Ex to match a pattern like this -- is it possible to do this same in Marketo somehow? 

If not, how would you tackle this scenario to create a unique hook to base your trigger on? 

Thanks for any insight. 

Justin
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Regex to Match URL Patterns in "Visited Web Page" Trigger or Filter

Maybe try the following...

Trigger:

Visits Web Page -  Web Page Contains - htttp://app1.clearfit.com/

Filter:

Visited Web Page - Last 5 minutes - Web Page Contains - /jobs/ and /sample (multi-select on filter values)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Michael! 

That looks like it would work.

Although I think you would need two separate filters for /jobs and /sample and set it to use ALL filters vs. the multi-select within a single filter which is interpreted as an "Or", right? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, you got it.  To match all 3 use the trigger + two separate filters as you suggested.  Should work!

Let us know...

Best,
Mike