Re: Using Outreach integration with Marketo

Lizzie_Boyes
Level 2

Using Outreach integration with Marketo

Hi there,

I had a questions regarding Outreach and integration with Marketo. Has anyone used it before in terms of engagement campaigns or email marketing in general?

How do most teams work with inside sales and sales executives for driving MQL leads through the funnel to opportunities and to closed deals.

Thanks,

Lizzie

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

When you say "integration" do you literally mean API integration?

Generally what you want to do is ensure your journey map is timed such that your Engagements send at diff times from Outreach cadences.

Quite honestly, 80% or more of what Outreach does can be replicated in Marketo using Tasks and the Lead Owner tokens. I know the reporting for Sales isn't really there, however.

Lizzie_Boyes
Level 2

Hi Josh,

My Head of Inside Sales Rep is currently using Outreach. They are interested on how to leverage and differentiate between marketing automation, sales engagement and CRM.

For example: For any webinars I run or any engagement campaigns I run I have to manually create a brief for each campaign or webinar with inside sales and add UTM tracking links on links for google analytics that they share to prospects (so we can track where they come from) which is beginning to be a bit manual and surely there must be a better way of doing this? How would you best advise this with marketo/salesforce/outreach? Would you suggest maybe creating a SFDC Report? We do currently have SFDC lightening which I only got access to yesterday.

For webinars, as an example - A webinar i ran recently - I can see in Brighttalk there are alot of people watching the replays and a high number attended so I have placed them into a drip and nurture depending on whether they are a target account that attended the webinar or they watched it on demand. Inside sales reports that there isn't anything great in terms of quality of leads in SFDC. This is the common siloed approach we have because I can see target accounts we are after in there.

Outreach has a feature called "Triggers" which we are not using yet but might be something which we should look into for inbound leads

• I am not sure about our entire workflow. As right now we are also relying on the human follow-up after a lead filled-in a form and received an automated email from Marketo (see page 7).
  • Our routing is via LeanData - based on the routing the lead could be placed into a multi-touch sequence to nurture; all automated.
  • I think we do have an Account-Based Model (page 10). I would have to check.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_0.png

Would like your advise.

Thanks

Lizzie

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'm a bit unclear on part of your use case. Let's break it down.

• UTMs - I create a formula sheet that generates the urls fast. I've got it on my old site or search here for one. You do have to decide in advance what the codes and fields will be.
    • I assume you want to track Marketing Effort vs. Sales Outreach? There could be other methods.
  • Diagram - the diagram example is something you should work out with marketing and Sales - What is the ideal follow up for Webinar leads? Which leads and when? How can we pass the initial Marketo email over to Outreach to trigger something?
  • Lead Flow - you should know this. Map it out.

I'm unclear about the rest of your bullets. They seem unrelated to your core question. Of course, if you are having routing issues that hurt Outreach, that's something to discuss with Sales and the owner of LeanData.