Using Ninja Forms in WordPress to POST

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Ninja Forms in WordPress to POST

I've got a wordpress site that has ninja forms built-in, and would really love to use them - but I'm not sure how to implement the POST action, how the name_value fields need to be hooked up, etc.

Anyone have any tips or tricks they could share?

Hopefully,
Cameron
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Using Ninja Forms in WordPress to POST

Whether you are building a server-to-server form post or cross-posting from the browser (the latter is recommended whenever possible) the requirements are the same: you must post the same fields Marketo adds to their native forms, including the hidden fields `munchkinId` and `formid`. Therefore the best way to prepare your own form post is to embed the corresponding Marketo form in a test page and inspect the HTML inside the resulting FORM tag.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford - do you have experience using Ninjaforms for this? Or insight on how to do it?

They have a couple of extensions they recommend trying: Front-End Posting (Front-End Posting - Ninja Forms) and Front-End Editor (Front-End Editor - Ninja Forms) - not sure which one will work... 

I've built the ninjaform using all the proper fields, included the munchkin and formid fields, but now I guess I need to edit the POST to URL?

SanfordWhiteman

The POST action is

https://app-<instance>.marketo.com/index.php/leadCapture/save2
SanfordWhiteman

Also, I don't see either of those links as relevant.

In a cursory search of their site, I couldn't find anything related to client-to-server POST (i.e. using the NinjaForms form, but posting to Marketo at the same time that you post to your server or instead of posting to your server).  This is not to say it's not possible, but it may be undocumented.

What I did see is the right place to start with a server-to-server POST: ninja_forms_post_process - Ninja Forms Documentation​.  In this model you are accepting the form on your server first, then opening another connection to Marketo.  I don't like that architecture but you may need to use it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sanford Whiteman,

I decided NOT to use the ninjaforms webhooks - instead I did what I could in the Form CSS to make it look consistent with my site.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Cheers,

Cameron