Using Marketo with more than one domain

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Marketo with more than one domain

Is it possible to add a second domain to my Marketo account?

For instance, my existing forms and landing pages are linked to mydomain.com. When creating local assets (forms, landing pages, etc.) within a program, mydomain.com is prepopulated in any URL fields tied to the asset.

But what if I want to create a new program with a form that's linked to a completely separate domain like mydomain.io, and NOT mydomain.com? How would I go about configuring this?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Using Marketo with more than one domain

Yes you can do this.

First, create the second subdomain or main domain.

Second, go to Support and ask them to add this to your account.

Third - you'll have to use the same munchkin code and leads will not be synced on visits unless they fillout a form on BOTH domains.
Anonymous
Not applicable

By Support, do you mean Marketo's support team? Or my company's IT department? I believe I have administrative credentials. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,
Marketo Support.

Best regards

Steffen
Peter_1_Kim
Level 2

Hi Josh - Regarding your third point ("Third - you'll have to use the same munchkin code and leads will not be synced on visits unless they fillout a form on BOTH domains")...

So if I'm understanding you correctly, a lead will not necessarily be synced unless they fill out a form on a mydomain.com page as well as a different form on mydomain.io page? Will this still be the case if we have the form/landing page for just one of the domains attached to a program that is synced to a corresponding campaign in Salesforce?

Regards
Peter

Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

i have same question
are you saying that if i have a domain alias so we have "marketing.enkata.com" and "marketing.xyz.com" a person will only sync to SFDC if they have filled out forms on both domains?

this won't work for us as our domains will be split by audience so  the same person will never fill out forms on both domains.

we just want to send 1 target to 1 domain and the other target to the other (different product branding)

but all go to same SFDC instance