Using Marketo forms with Wordpress website

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Marketo forms with Wordpress website

We are using Wordpress as our CMS for our website and would like to use Marketo forms on landing pages. We found a quick way to update with the form ID but it doesnt allow it to pre-pop data or use progressive profiling. Is anyone doing this today or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

24 REPLIES 24
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Using Marketo forms with Wordpress website

Hi Christina,

Whatever way you use to leverage Marketo embedded forms, they are still Marketo embedded forms and therefore won't support prefill. But they should support progressive profiling though.

Are you using a specific Wordpress module for this or are you simply copying/pasting the Marketo embed form code?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are not sure about using a plugin for forms or embedding in the page.

Christina Pappas

Director of Marketing

AP & Payment Automation

125 Cambridgepark Drive

Cambridge, MA 02140

christina.pappas@mineraltree.com

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Grégoire Michel <

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Anything other than

• embedded Marketo forms (standard form embed code)
  • custom forms using the Marketo Forms API to post data (not the REST or SOAP APIs)
  • IFRAMEd Marketo LPs w/forms

is not a professional solution.

If your plugin relies on either of the APIs noted above it should not be used as it creates a DoS attack vector against the forms feature and your entire instance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

We are using embedded Marketo forms (standard form embed code) but definitely see some display issues. For example, I can't get the hint text in the state field to display. It's just blank.

What in your opinion is a professional way of using Marketo forms on a Wordpress page?

Thanks,

Yulya

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You'll have to provide a URL. And also create a Market-hosted LP with the same form on it and tell me the URL, if you're saying the same prob doesn't happen when the form is not embedded.

As I said above, using the standard form embed code on a WP page is fine. I suspect you have some general forms CSS on the WP template that's affecting the hint text.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Agree with Sanford. I use WP and it always comes down to CSS -- technically it all works fine otherwise.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

This is the Marketo URL/Form. Where all the fields display and it works properly.

Digital Tools and Part 11 Compliance Webinar

This is the Wordpress page where when I select country Canada the hint text for Province doesn't show. For the US state it shows. I don't know how to adjust my Form in Marketo to fix this issue.

Digital Tools and Part 11 Compliance in Research | Webinar

Thanks so much for looking into this.

Yulya

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

These are different forms. 2206 and 2207

Anonymous
Not applicable

True, my fault. But the condition for the province field is set up identically.