Re: Using Marketo forms with Wordpress website

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

JD is correct, they do not have the same form descriptor. Make sure you're comparing apples and apples.

You have an extra space after the word "Province" in the Canada Visibility Rule in Form 2207, the form on your website. That's why it doesn't work (it doesn't match the master).

In contrast, the master "Province" and the Canada VR "Province" are spelled identically in Form 2206, the form on your Marketo-hosted LP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Thank you, Sanford! I removed the extra space and now it works.

Appreciate your help.

SanfordWhiteman

No problem. This actually was the second "extra space in select option w/visibility rules" question in a couple of days, I think!

Kevin_Pferdner
Level 2

Hey Christina,

I work for HyperX Media and we are a Marketo LaunchPoint Partner. We have actually created a WordPress plugin that may have what you are looking for. You can get it here: Marketo Forms Wordpress Plugin - Free | HyperX Media

On a side note, we also just launched a Chrome Extension that allows you to clear your cookies easily when testing forms. You can grab that here: Clear Marketo Cookies - Chrome Browser Plugin | - HyperX Media

I hope these help!

Kevin

SanfordWhiteman

I refer you again to the Nation rules. (Plus, this question doesn't relate to your product, and is already solved.)

Kevin_Pferdner
Level 2

Noted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This plugin enables forms on a Wordpress website to auto-populate and progressively profile. Seems like that relates directly to the original post.

SanfordWhiteman

I am talking about Yulya's add-on question from this week, not the old question from a year ago.  (And it doesn't matter, since product links aren't allowed anyway.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

The original question is still marketed as "not answered." Seems like links to free tools that directly address a question are not advertising they are just being helpful in the community.

SanfordWhiteman

Nope, they're not allowed. Plenty of times, we want to plop links to our own software (even full-featured, non-freemium free services) into threads, but that's not how it works.

It's frustrating, but it must apply to everyone: otherwise you have people doing drive-by plugs as their only Community input, while all the rest of us are here round-the-clock helping people.

And c'mon: any link to a gated software product with offers of consulting constitutes advertising. There's nothing wrong with that in general!  But here it's in violation of the space's policies.