Re: Using Marketo for Auto-Responses to Salesforce Web-To-Lead via AppExchange

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Marketo for Auto-Responses to Salesforce Web-To-Lead via AppExchange

I know that all web-to-lead forms for Salesforce should really become Marketo forms instead. We will do that. However, the AppExchange sends leads to Salesforce ISVs directly through web-to-lead and that's the only option.

We currently use Auto Response Rules in Salesforce to send an email back to the person. This is a natural fit for Marketo to replace.

My main question is regarding sync frequency. Imagine a person being on AppExchange and completing a form there. It goes to our Salesforce org, syncs to Marketo to get sent and Marketo sends the email. The person completing the form on AppExchange will not get the response until after the sync.

When new leads are added to Salesforce, how quickly to they make their way to Marketo? How about the related Custom Objects? Is it immediate, every x minutes or every x hours?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Scott,

This post might answer your question.
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyr6CAC
Thus the default frequency is 5 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

The out-of-box update sync cadence is evert five minutes...
Anthony_Pica
Level 4

Yup, you are correct that all leads should come in through Marketo. The fact that AppExchange leads have to go directly to Salesforce is our biggest pain point.

We have a Lead is Created trigger campaign and use a constraint for Lead Source so it can be specific to AppExchange leads. Then we have a flow step to "immediately" send a welcome email. And then subsequently enter them into a separate drip campaign.

Standard sync is 5 minutes, but here's a scenario of what "immediate" means in this context...

Lead is created in Salesforce at 5:29. Marketo became aware at 5:33. Welcome email is sent at 5:33.

I am okay with a 1-5 minute difference. But if there is a way to make it be 1 second, I would modify our marketo campaign(s).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure it's every few minutes.  I think you can define this though, if you wanted to extend the timing.