Using Marketo Social in replace of things like GaggleAMP, Aadvocate, etc.

Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Using Marketo Social in replace of things like GaggleAMP, Aadvocate, etc.

We've built out own internal social sharing repository for internal employees using only Marketo tools and thought I'd share in case anyone is looking for an alternative to things like the aforementioned tools. 

Built LOTS of social sharing buttons, organized them on Marketo landing pages, and voila! We'll have tracking on the backend of who is doing the sharing so we can incetivize them as we please.

Nothing ground-breaking here, but wanted to share! 

0EM50000000Rpxo.jpg

0EM50000000Rpxt.jpg 0EM50000000Rpxy.jpg
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Marketo Social in replace of things like GaggleAMP, Aadvocate, etc.

This is going to be a great resource for our marketing department and sales enablement!

If anyone has questions, feel free to reach out to myself or Kimi.
Megan_Reed1
Level 4

Hi Kimi,

Thanks for sharing. I would like to know a little more:

• How much time and effort went into creating this for your company?
  • How many people were working on it?
  • How many times do you update it?

We are trying to incetivize in a similar manner and were looking into GaggleAMP. If I can defer that cost and use Marketo, that would be great!

Thanks,
Megan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Megan,
  • In the end, we just needed to create a header for the pages and have Kimi train me on how to create the social buttons and some Marketo 101.  Now, it only takes less than 5 minutes to add a new piece of content to the pages.
  • We had a designer, Kimi and myself working on the project.  Now that it's up and running, I will be maintaining the pages.
  • I plan on updating this every week.
Thanks,
Alana 

Megan_Reed1
Level 4

Alana,

Thank you so much for the details. Was the designer an internal employee, Marketo or a third party? And about how long did all of the set up take?

This is very cool!

Megan
Anonymous
Not applicable

The designer was an internal employee.  All in all, I bet this could be set up in 8 hours.

Thanks!
Alana
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is perfect (just came up in a meeting!). Thanks for sharing.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Such an innnovative way to use the social share buttons Kimi! This is a great alternative for anyone who's currently not using an internal social sharing platform like Addvocate, GaggleAMP, etc. Props!
Megan_Reed1
Level 4

We are trying to build this out as well and I need your help. For the social share buttons that refer to content off of Marketo landing pages - does the dynamic content on the social share buttons pre-populate? Or do you use Static Content on the shares?