Re: Using Filter & Trigger in Smart List, how it works?

Coonic_Agency
Level 2

Using Filter & Trigger in Smart List, how it works?

Hey everyone!

Im new in Marketo and I have a doubt about using filters and triggers in a smart list to make a smart campaign!

I want to set up the smart list  and  the current smart campaign like that:

Trigger - Fills Out Form - Form is - PyraCloud Contact Form

Filter - Not fill out Form - is - Request Demo Form

My idea is to send an email for those Leads who fill the PyraCloud Contact form and made the download of the ebook, but they didnt finish the flow and they didnt go on to the CTA of the ebook that is redirecting to the Request Demo Form. That is why I pretend to send an email with the CTA of Request demo Form for those Leads.

I dont know if I have to set up the smart campaign with other filters or triggers like "visits web page" or "not clicked link on web page".

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it so much!

Thaaanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Julz_James
Level 10

Hi,

You have to remember first off that if you're using Triggers and Filters in a smart campaign the logic is always AND between the Trigger and Filter.

So you're logic says 'Filled out PyraCloud Contact Form' AND 'NOT Filled out Request Demo Form'.  Is that what you're trying to track?  The problem with this is that if you're triggering off the PyraCloud Contact Form and unless they've filled out the Request Demo Form before they filled out the PyraCloud Contact form it will always trigger because its an instant trigger. 

You might be better using a Filter of 'Not Clicked link' if you are saying the flow is that they have to click the CTA on the go to the Demo Request form.

It might also make sense to write the flow between the two forms out more clearly, I might be able to help more.

Thanks

Juli

Coonic_Agency
Level 2

Thank you sooo much Juli!

I only have a problem with that, when I try to put the link of the web page, appears an erro, like that:

pastedImage_0.png

Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks a loooot!

Maria

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

is this a live/published/public page that has munchkin? Not sure if this is the far left of the url, but can you confirm there is no http:// as well?

Coonic_Agency
Level 2

hey! It has a http:// as well!

Thaaaanks!

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

My suggestions would be more if it was a non-marketo page. Keith's would be if it's a marketo page. So it depends on that. Let us know how it goes.

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Coonic,

If it's a marketo page it will use the name you gave the asset in Marketo, not the URL path. If its an external page, just type in the best unique string that you can find towards the end of the URL path, then let Marketo find the exact URL for you.

Ex:// I would use "Request-Live-Demo" and let MKTO find the full URL path

Coonic_Agency
Level 2

Thaanks a loot. I will try it!

Maria

Coonic_Agency
Level 2

I have another doubt :$ (sorry)

Can I send an email from the Lead Owner?

Do I need to create first a smart list with that information?

For example:

I need to send an email, according to the information in the form, like that:

If Leads fill the form to make the download of the ebook and they fill their country: Colombia or México, the Lead owner is xxxxx@xxx.com

If Leads fill the form to make the download of the ebook and they fill their country: Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic, the Lead owner is jjjjjj@xxx.com

Is that right?

What is the next step?

The idea is that the email can be sent from the Lead owner and not from the Company.

If you can help me I would appreciate it sooo much!

Thaaanks in advance!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please open a new thread for this different topic to be more helpful in future searches.