Using Event Programs for In-Person/B2C Events

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Event Programs for In-Person/B2C Events

Wondering if any of you routinely use the Event functionality to manage in-person events that are B2C as opposed to B2B.  It seems like a lot of the documentation goes towards the latter.  What about events where you want to track people on your lists, as well as guest count and guest name?  It is my understanding that short of creating new fields for every single event you do, you override information with each new event.  In our business, we have multiple events in the same time frame for potentially the same lists of people, so we can't be losing information. 

We currently manage RSVPs manually, because every time we try to use the system through Marketo, we hit roadblocks.  But it's a real pain, and we need a more efficient way to do it.

I've been through training with a Marketo consultant already.  It just doesn't really fit what we need 100%, so I wanted to get some case study examples from the Community and what workarounds you created.  If any of you were willing to take a few minutes to chat offline, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Event Programs for In-Person/B2C Events

As a note, here are the big issues we face coming to top of mind:
- Preventing people from filling out the form multiple times
- If people forward on the invite to their friends and their friends fill it out, it'll over-write the original invitee's information or copy to their account in Marketo  [We don't use forms like most people here do.  We have to have all accounts created in Salesforce first, so right now, Forward to a Friend is not an option for us.]
- Landing page design