Using Data Value Change Trigger for Campaign Code

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

Using Data Value Change Trigger for Campaign Code

Hi All,

I set up a triggered campaign to run when the Data Value Changes for Campaign Code for specific values. While testing I can see the data value change in my Activity but it's not triggering the campaign. Is there something caveat with campaign codes that would not allow this to work?

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Using Data Value Change Trigger for Campaign Code

Would you provide more info on how this data is passed to Marketo?

Remember, DVC may not trigger on net new leads.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

+1 on new records being created not causing a Data Value Change.

Do you have screenshots of the trigger and the activity on a log? Are there any other filters that are preventing these records from flowing through? I think campaign code is a custom field so any caveats might be limited to your specific instance.. But we definitely need more info to diagnose.

Justin_Norris1

You could also check whether the DVC is actually a new value.

E..g, if someone fills out the form and the campaign code is the same, the DVC will not actually register as a trigger for the campaign. (Although in that case you wouldn't expect to see it in the activity log as a DVC either).

Regardless I would agree to check for filters messing with your logic as Dory said or if the lead is first being created you need to do Person Created Trigger + Campaign Code filter to make it work as Josh said. 

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

For new leads I'm using Lead is Created trigger and a filter for the campaign code and that works fine. But for existing leads that we are running digital ads for I thought that I could get away with using DVC for campaign code, shown below. Unfortunately that has not worked in any of my tests.

DVC Example.PNG

Justin_Norris1

Chris Saporito

Any filters on that campaign? Qualification rules set to "every time"?

If you create a lead and manually change the Campaign Code in the lead detail page will it work?

Also, may sound silly, but check if there is a confusingly similarly-named field that may be actually receiving the DVC. Sometimes that has tripped me up before.