SOLVED

Using Contact First Name as Token?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Contact First Name as Token?

I'm guessing there's a very easy fix or obvious answer for this, but most of my initial campaigns (including one I have to send tomorrow!) are to late-stage sales opp's or customers, who are Contacts in Salesforce, not Leads. However, when I go to personalize my email greeting with a token, only "Lead First Name" is available, not Contact First Name. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Using Contact First Name as Token?

Hi Christine,

leads in Marketo can be contacts or leads from your CRM. So the same token will be giving the contact first name in case the corresponding record is a contact in the CRM.

There are some online training and doc on how the sync works and that you may want to read: SFDC Sync Details - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Christine,

leads in Marketo can be contacts or leads from your CRM. So the same token will be giving the contact first name in case the corresponding record is a contact in the CRM.

There are some online training and doc on how the sync works and that you may want to read: SFDC Sync Details - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

-Greg

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Yup, as Greg said. Marketo doesn't differentiate between SFDC Leads and Contacts - all records are Leads.

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

In Marketo all records are referred to as a Lead.

Salesforce has both types of records, Contacts and Leads.

When the data come into Marketo it gets 'flattened' into a single field on the Lead record.

You can see this in the Field Mapping, under your admin area.

pastedImage_0.png