Re: Using Ad Bridge for Adwords Retargeting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Ad Bridge for Adwords Retargeting

I would like to hear your experiences when you have used Ad Bridge for Adwords Retargeting.

In my opinion this is a really powerful tool with lots of potential.

8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What are you trying to do?

I think someone else had a thread on this topic if you do a search here. There aren't any docs though, which is probably why you are asking.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Karina,

The Adbridge functionality for Google is very different to the integration for facebook and linkedin. I had a discussion with Cathal Moran recently and he confirmed this. Here are his words :

The Google Adbridge feature is all about adwords and pushing conversion data from Marketo into AdWords so that you can see offline conversion in the AdWords reports.

Essentially it maps the conversion of leads through the Revenue Cycle Model that you set up in Marketo back to AdWords (which means it’s of no use to Spark as they don’t have a model). https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Google+AdWords+Conversions+in+the+Revenue+Model

So then in AdWords you would have be able to do understand which keywords drive the most cost-effective conversions.

All that said, if a customer has RTP then they really do have the ability to remarket to anonymous and know leads with Google Display advertising.

https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Remarketing+with+RTP+Data

All the additional data that RTP provides in terms of Organisation, industry and known data can be sent to Google Remarketing (and Facebook remarketing) so that can retarget more specifically.

So, to make it short, you will not be able to do retargeting in adwords with ad Bridge...

Hank_Hansen
Level 5

It seems AdBridge now does more than just uploading offline conversion data to Google Analytics:

Understanding Ad Bridge - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

I have been trying to figure out if I would ever use AdBridge instead of RTP for remarketing (I'm just getting started with RTP). After reviewing the docs for both, it's not very clear. Here are the docs for RTP remarketing: Retargeting with RTP Data - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

RTP remarketing benefits:

- anonymous or known leads (AdBridge is just known leads I believe?)

- additional lead data in RTP to inform ad content

Any other considerations to steer the decision? They both have AdWords and Facebook integration. Do they both have AdRoll integration? I found AdRoll docs for integrating with AdBridge - not sure about RTP.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Hank,

Per the doc, adbridge for google adwords is still only about sending back to Adwords conversion information (and not analytics )

Facebook and Linked adbridge integration can really help you create some retargetting actions, but only on known leads, unlike RTP. But RTP only supports Facebook and Google, not LinkedIn.

-Greg

Hank_Hansen
Level 5

Thanks for the clarification. I think the docs need a comparison table for all this stuff!

Hank_Hansen
Level 5

Thanks again Greg - Any thoughts on choosing between AdBridge or RTP for targeting known leads on Facebook?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Hank,

I'd probably use AdBridge in that case. More fields and information to build your targets (smart lists) from.

-Greg

Hank_Hansen
Level 5

SmartLists are definitely more friendly! I'm still getting acquainted with the limitations of filtering in RTP segments.

Thanks!