SOLVED

Re: User Role - edit existing email and landing pages only

Go to solution
Michelle_Wolle1
Level 1

User Role - edit existing email and landing pages only

Hi, I am looking to create a user role that only allows for emails and landing pages to be edited in the Marketing Activities or Design Studio section. These users should only be able to go in and tweak emails or landing pages created for them. I can see the option in the Design Studio section to edit email and landing page but in the Marketing Activities section I can only get as granular as Edit Marketing Asset. Does anyone have a way to do this or do I have to force them to make the edits in Design Studio?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Michelle,

The wording/categorization is probably a carryover from when all email/landing page assets had to be created in design studio and marketing activities was only for processes/campaigns. I believe if you give them the following permissions they'll be able to edit emails and landing pages in both design studio and marketing activities:

• Access Design Studio
    • Access Email
      • Edit Email
    • Access Landing Page
      • Edit Landing Page
  • Access Marketing Activities

Note that "Edit Email" and "Edit Landing Page" permissions include the ability to create new email/landing page assets. Unfortunately there isn't a way to give a user access to edit only those email assets that already exist (are created for them).

-Beth

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Michelle,

The wording/categorization is probably a carryover from when all email/landing page assets had to be created in design studio and marketing activities was only for processes/campaigns. I believe if you give them the following permissions they'll be able to edit emails and landing pages in both design studio and marketing activities:

• Access Design Studio
    • Access Email
      • Edit Email
    • Access Landing Page
      • Edit Landing Page
  • Access Marketing Activities

Note that "Edit Email" and "Edit Landing Page" permissions include the ability to create new email/landing page assets. Unfortunately there isn't a way to give a user access to edit only those email assets that already exist (are created for them).

-Beth

Michelle_Wolle1
Level 1

Hi Beth, thank you for your reply and apologies for the delay in responding (been OOO).

So this would mean they could also create emails & LPs, OK.  Does it mean they can also edit other 'marketing assets'?  We really want to restrict them to just emails & LPs.

Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Michelle, a separate permission under Marketing Activities permissions - "Edit Marketing Asset" - would allow them to edit programs and such. I believe if you select only the options I noted, they would have access to edit only emails and landing pages.