Use a gTLD domain as "from" email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use a gTLD domain as "from" email

My company has its own gTLD, and we'd like to use it as our default domain for sending emails.

The gTLD is .uol. We would use something like:

emails.uol as the basic domain and some subdomains for each product, like:

hosting.emails.uol

payments.emails.uol

Is there any know issue about using gTLDs in Marketo, do you know of any mail providers that rejects or marks as SPAM emails from gTLD domains?

Does any of you currently use a similar structure?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Re: Use a gTLD domain as "from" email

You won't be able to send emails from any external domain using Marketo as a default.  Marketo uses their own MX records to perform the send for you.  You can however, specify these domains in your SPF/DKIM.  With that being said, I'm not sure what pro/cons you'll experience. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jim, thanks for replying.

I think i didn't express myself correctly. I understand Marketo will use their MX, i meant my "from" emails.

I'd use, for example, content@hosting.emails.uol and the "from" email on my campaigns.

The question is, do you think I'll have any problem with that, since it doesn't use a traditional TLD or ccTLD?

Thanks.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You guys are misusing "MX". MX solely refers to incoming mail.

Marketo will use an envelope sender @*.mktomail.com -- unless you have specifically purchased the branded sender domain option.

From/Reply-To: headers can use any example.tld. It doesn't matter whether it's a ccTLD, a new "vertical" TLD like .lawyer, or a wholly owned gTLD.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator