Re: Use Ticket Owner email as in Marketo email

Emma_Wu1
Level 2

Use Ticket Owner email as in Marketo email

Hi community, I have a question about how to use Ticket Owner email address (lookup field in Salesforce) as From/Reply-to for my Marketo emails? Can anyone offer suggestions without creating one more owner email address under sfdc Ticket object? Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't access a field on a 2nd-level object from Velocity, which would be necessary to set the From:/Reply-To:. It has to be a field on a 1st-level CO, that is to say, on the Ticket.

Emma_Wu1
Level 2

Okay, thanks Sanford! It sounds like we still need to create an additional field on the ticket object. My next question is, should we create a lookup field looking up Ticket Owner's email address or something else you recommend? Because we have many incidents in the past that formula fields don't get updated in Marketo when they were updated in Salesforce due to system modstamp not being refreshed. Any advice? TIA!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

As long as the lookup is on the literal Email Address (not on SFDC ID of a record that happens to have an Email Address) that would work.