Re: Use Opportunity Contact Role and Opportunity Information

Yuko_Takagi
Level 2

Yea. Problem is that selection for Opportunity Contact Role isn't available. I think I will need to pass this when they are added to contact role as suggested earlier on this thread!

I will give it a try. Thanks for commenting!

Sean_Richards
Level 5

Hey JD,

Any chance you can share the logic you used to populate that custom field.

I lost my whole day today learning that the "Role" field in my marketo instance is not populated and I can't target specfically people against an oppty with X role.

Anything you can share would be appreciated.

Also, while everyone is here including Sanford Whiteman, I lodged some Q's with support but reckon someone here will help answer faster:

- Is the "Role" field a default marketo Field?

- Should the "Role" field be populated automatically by the SDFC sync?

- Is the Role field generally mapped to the SFDC OpportunityContactRole->Role value when you setup a new Marketo instance?

- If it is meant to be mapped to SFDC, can you confirm if our field setup is correct for this field to ensure it is mapped correctly?

NO records in our instance have a value in the Role field. I suspect that this is not correct behaviour.

Thanks everyone!

Sean Richards
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Opportunity Role, for us, is a custom field we created and made required on the sfdc opportunity creation step. We require anyone added to the opportunity to also have a role populated. That field is then sync'd to marketo so we can trigger off it. Hope that helps.

Sean_Richards
Level 5

Hi JD, thanks for taking the time to respond. That doesn't quite give me enough to go on though.

How did you make a custom field on the sfdc oppty? As far as I am aware the "OpportunityContactsRole" interface is not customisable.

The field you speak of would need to exist for each contact, and that is the only junction object on the oppty connecting the contact(s) and the oppty, which is where you would need this custom object to exist, correct?

Or, maybe you did it like this:

• Create the "Opportunity Role" field on the Contact object in SFDC
  • Force Role to be populated on the OpportunityContactsRole for every contact on every oppty.
  • Apex/Process Builder picks up on this and populates the "Opportunity Role" field on the Contact when this happens

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Sean

Sean Richards
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sean,

the OCR is not customisable, but you can add a custom field (lookup -> contact) in the opportunity and have a trigger to automatically add the contact you add to this field to the OCR table.

-Greg

Ray_Miller
Level 2

Has anyone figured this out?

Seems like a pretty baseline ask from a Marketing Automation system but it appears as though not all of my contacts are passing through to the triggered smart campaign and being put on the list for the email to send.     

I've tried Marketo support, but as usual they were unhelpful Hoping someone in this thread can help me

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you open a new thread and post your exact Smart Campaign setup and expectations?

Yuko_Takagi
Level 2

I've ended up using custom object. I couldn't figure out the way to do this with Opportunity Contact Role field.

I think you can achieve this by what JD Nelson said.. Create a custom field and pass the contact role info to this custom field.