SOLVED

Use Json instead of custom objects

Go to solution
Franky_Ruyssch2
Level 4

Use Json instead of custom objects

I want to use json data instead of custom objects to store event visit information. The idea is the following :

[
  {
    "event_name":"EventA",
    "event_year":"2020",
    "event_received_score":3,
    "event_received_demo":true
  },
  {
    "event_name":"EventB",
    "event_year":"2020",
    "event_received_score":4,
    "event_received_demo":false
  }
]

How will Marketo react if I want to query for event_name = "EventA" and "event_received_score" > 3 within that same event. Not creating a true for "event_received_score" based on the value in the second event object ( "EventB" ) 
Can this be solved?
Franky Ruysschaert
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Use Json instead of custom objects

If you use a predictable JSON indenting format (more to the point, no indenting or whitespace at all), then even though Marketo can't actually parse JSON internally (for that, you'd use a webhook, and I certainly recommend you do for advanced logic) you can use the Contains operator.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

If you use a predictable JSON indenting format (more to the point, no indenting or whitespace at all), then even though Marketo can't actually parse JSON internally (for that, you'd use a webhook, and I certainly recommend you do for advanced logic) you can use the Contains operator.

Tony_Mayse
Level 3

SanfordWhiteman

Only if you have no need to access the actual contents of the event in an email, which is an implied need if moving from COs.