Upload Multiple Picklist Values from a .csv file

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upload Multiple Picklist Values from a .csv file

Hello,

I'm importing an Excel spreadsheet, and one of the columns imports to a multi-picklist values, and can have more than one value in the list. How do I format this properly to import multiple values? Have done some research online, finding conflicting answers, and the tests are importing values as text fields.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Upload Multiple Picklist Values from a .csv file

You can do this in Marketo using semi colon:

Marketing Rockstar; Marketing Maven; Marketing Cat

I would test this on a test lead FIRST to confirm it works. This is how Marketo views multi select values.
Anonymous
Not applicable

When building a multi picklist - where would you see all the values that someone has selected, would it show up in their contact view?

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Todd,

I would show up in the lead record in Marketo under the field name you uploaded to.  It would look like the list in Josh's response above.

John

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Multiple values will show up in the field in the Lead View and would look as Josh suggested:

sessions.png

Or you can add the field to your view.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI All,

FYI, using semicolons to separate the values can very tricky on some non english versions of MSOffice. In French, for instance, the default column separator for CSV files is the semicolon. As a result, one need to reprocess CSV files and replace semicolons with commas, but it your file has semicolons within field values, it completely breaks the import file, adding unwanted columns.

Of course, we can workaround this, but I just wanted to give a heads up for international companies.

-Greg