Updating the Unsubscribe token - system.unsubscribeLink

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Updating the Unsubscribe token - system.unsubscribeLink

Hi Greg,

I built a new LP and wanted to plug it into the Unsubscribe Link token, but I was told that I am not able to edit the token whatsoever. So instead, I replaced the token on my Email templates with the new URL. However, if you know of a way to edit the token, I would love to update the URL within the token to use the token in my Email templates, instead of the URL.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

You need to edit the page in your instance that is UnsubscribePage and make it how you want it to look. You could delete it and start again, just make sure it points to UnsubscribePage.html.

Then you can use the {{system.unsubscribeLink}} token to visit this page.

Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

You can make sure to delete the default LP terminating in /UnsubscribePage.html and whichever new LP you want to refer to using the System token, you can configure redirect rules under landing pages in Admin so that /UnsubscribePage.html redirects to your new LP if you want to use a unique URL.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relevant help article: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LK6KCAW
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kelly,

Due to the fact that unsubscribe questions are being asked quite often, I wrote this:The complete guide to setting up the unsubscribe link

-Greg