Re: Updating the Unsubscribe token - system.unsubscribeLink

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating the Unsubscribe token - system.unsubscribeLink

This token leads to a page that does not exist.  Has any one ever updated this before?  Can you please point me in the right direction?
Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is a default that gets generated when you send the email out. It is based on what is in Admin > Email

Marketo has an Email Unsubscribe Page in Design Studio, out of the box. If this has been modified, then it won't work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

The Unsubscribe page that came out of the box with Marketo was outdated, and we just updated with a new Landing Page. I've updated the URL under Admin>Email, but the {{system.unsubscribeLink}} token needs to be updated and I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Do you know?

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

"If this has been modified, then it won't work."

I'm not sure what you mean by this. As long as the URL terminates in UnsubscribePage.html then it will work.

For example, you are free to delete UnsubscripePage.html and replace it with something entirely different.. it just needs to keep the same URL that terminates in UnsubscribePage.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response Josh.

The default unsubscribe message that is in the admin section does not show a link, however it drives to the correct page.  The token -{{system.unsubscribeLink}} - drives to a page on our website that does not exist.  I  was hoping to find an area where I can see the values for all of these system tokens.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've found that Admin > Email shows this code for the unsubscribe token:

<p style="text-align:center;"><font face="Verdana" size=".5">If you no longer wish to receive these emails, click on the following link: <a href="%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">Unsubscribe</a><br/></font></p>

But I'm not sure how to edit to direct to another page. If you've found an answer, please let me know, since my question is essentially the same.

Thanks!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jackie,

In fact, you can do almost everything you want here, including replacing it with a simple

<!-- Comment -->

That will just show nothing and you can use directly the {{system.unsubscribeLink}} token as long as there is a Marketo Landing page with this URL : http://[Your Landing Page Sub-domain]/UnsubscribePage.html

-Greg

Kim_Gandy1
Level 7

Is Admin > Email > Unsubscribe HTML where you would edit to update the token {{system.unsubscribelink}} associated with this unsubscribe link​ in 2.0 starter email templates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told by Support that you cannot edit this token. If anyone finds differently, please let me know.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Sarah,

No, support is right on this. The token value will always remain the same.

But you can have another landing page use that URL and be referred to by the token.

-Greg