SOLVED

Updating our own custom field with Acquisition Programme Name

Go to solution
Samantha_Durki2
Level 1

Updating our own custom field with Acquisition Programme Name

Hi all

We have our own field in CRM called Source Campaign - which is synced with Marketo. 

I want to create a smart campaign that will look at Acquisition Programme Name and automatically update the Source Campaign field.

If Acquisition Programme Name is not empty, it automatically takes that info and populates Source Campaign. 

I am not sure how to set up the Change Data Field option correctly.

Can it be done - or do i have to set this up individually for all programmes?

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Updating our own custom field with Acquisition Programme Name

Hi Samantha,

Assuming that Source Campaign is a text/string field and not a lookup field to an actual SFDC campaign object record, you could definitely use a token in the Change Data Value flow step to set the Source Campaign field with the value from Acquisition Program Name. It would look something like this (note that I don't have a Source Campaign field in my instance, so I just used a field with a similar name):

Beth_Massura_0-1685131993309.png

Here are some things you might want to think through:

• What should happen if Acquisition Program Name is empty? You could use flow step choices in that case.
  • Do you have flow steps setting Acquisition Program locally in the marketing programs that need to run first? (Note that while you care about Acquisition Program Name, you can't set the value directly and have to use Acquisition Program instead. See this community post for details.) You would want to ensure the local flow steps are in order.

As for whether you can centralize this or if it needs to exist in every program - Unfortunately Acquisition Program Name doesn't appear as an attribute option in Data Value Changes/-ed triggers or filters so it would be difficult to centralize in that way. But you could potentially set up a single recurring daily batch to stamp all records with Source Campaign is empty... How are you using the Source Campaign values in SFDC; how quickly would you need the field to be populated?

If you're using cloneable program templates, then keeping this flow step locally won't add extra work each time you set up a new program.

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Updating our own custom field with Acquisition Programme Name

Hi Samantha,

Assuming that Source Campaign is a text/string field and not a lookup field to an actual SFDC campaign object record, you could definitely use a token in the Change Data Value flow step to set the Source Campaign field with the value from Acquisition Program Name. It would look something like this (note that I don't have a Source Campaign field in my instance, so I just used a field with a similar name):

Beth_Massura_0-1685131993309.png

Here are some things you might want to think through:

• What should happen if Acquisition Program Name is empty? You could use flow step choices in that case.
  • Do you have flow steps setting Acquisition Program locally in the marketing programs that need to run first? (Note that while you care about Acquisition Program Name, you can't set the value directly and have to use Acquisition Program instead. See this community post for details.) You would want to ensure the local flow steps are in order.

As for whether you can centralize this or if it needs to exist in every program - Unfortunately Acquisition Program Name doesn't appear as an attribute option in Data Value Changes/-ed triggers or filters so it would be difficult to centralize in that way. But you could potentially set up a single recurring daily batch to stamp all records with Source Campaign is empty... How are you using the Source Campaign values in SFDC; how quickly would you need the field to be populated?

If you're using cloneable program templates, then keeping this flow step locally won't add extra work each time you set up a new program.

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion