SOLVED

Re: Updating marketo instance for my site

Go to solution
madhumitajha
Level 1

Updating marketo instance for my site

Hi, I am updating marketo instance sitewide as need to update marketo instance as per CNAME.

I have done with all but not sure how to update lead capture URL (/index.php/leadCapture/save2 ), which we are seeing a form we embedded using wistia, can you help me how to update marketo instance URL of marketo form embedded using wistia.
Do I need to update anything in wistia or need to update it on marketo side.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This part would be done in Wistia.

Note the CNAME part of a CNAME record is <your account string>.mktoweb.com, like compcoinc.mktoweb.com.

Your LP Domain, like pages.example.com, is the Alias. That's not the CNAME.

Just trying to get terminology right across the board.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

Don't have a Wistia login anymore, but you need to look for the forms setup, like where you add the Form ID.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

This part would be done in Wistia.

Note the CNAME part of a CNAME record is <your account string>.mktoweb.com, like compcoinc.mktoweb.com.

Your LP Domain, like pages.example.com, is the Alias. That's not the CNAME.

Just trying to get terminology right across the board.
madhumitajha
Level 1

But in wistia not seeing any configuration to update marketo instance.
For integrating marketo in wistia we need to provide 

1. Client Id
  2. Client Secret
  3. REST API Endpoint
  4. REST API Identityno where I am seeing to update instance or alias.

SanfordWhiteman

Don't have a Wistia login anymore, but you need to look for the forms setup, like where you add the Form ID.
madhumitajha
Level 1

@SanfordWhiteman Is it possible to use two URL in one page like one with CNAME and another the common URL provided to everyone who don't have own CNAME to call marketo scripts.

Because Wistia integration with Marketo isn't capable of loading forms within video from a custom CNAME URL and wistia haven't yet updated integration as per new URL structure change suggested by marketo.

Marketo integration in wistia is done using REST API details, is there anything need to update there or any other suggestion?

SanfordWhiteman

Is it possible to use two URL in one page like one with CNAME and another the common URL provided to everyone who don't have own CNAME to call marketo scripts.

You can certainly load scripts from domains other than the main document domain — almost all pages do this on the modern web!

But that isn't going to solve the problem of having a *.marketo.com asset URL blocked by Tracking Protection. That request isn't blocked because it's cross-domain. It's blocked because the domain is considered unwanted.