SOLVED

Re: Updating Lead Source basis UTM Parameters

Go to solution
Mohit_Khanna
Level 2

Updating Lead Source basis UTM Parameters

Hi,

I have setup my webinar registration form with three hidden fields to capture utm_source, utm_medium, utm_campaign from the website URL. These fields are linked with Person Source, Person Medium and Person Campaign in the form respectively. The issue that I am facing now it is updating old Person source of the lead i.e. from "email promotion" to "website". So how should I stop changing person source value with every form fill? I want Person source to be updated only if person source is empty.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aseem_Gupta
Level 2

Hi @Mohit_Khanna ,

Assuming "person source" is marketo field which is used in the form. So use Block updates from feature under field management in marketo and select "form fillout".  So, whomsoever fills out form, marketo is going to prevent field updates via form fill out.

Refer the snapshot :-

Screenshot_1.png

Regards

Aseem

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Aseem_Gupta
Level 2

Hi @Mohit_Khanna ,

Assuming "person source" is marketo field which is used in the form. So use Block updates from feature under field management in marketo and select "form fillout".  So, whomsoever fills out form, marketo is going to prevent field updates via form fill out.

Refer the snapshot :-

Screenshot_1.png

Regards

Aseem

Mohit_Khanna
Level 2

Hi @Aseem_Gupta ,

Thank you for the update. i will try this and update you for any queries on the same.

Thanks

Mohit