SOLVED

Updating Email Templates

Go to solution
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Updating Email Templates

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone can help me.  I have updated some of the email templates in my Design Studio but when I go into Marketing Activities I do not see the updates reflected.  Does Marketo not push these changes into emails that are using these templates?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julz_James
Level 10

Re: Updating Email Templates

Hi,

If you update and email template then all of the email that are using that template will go into 'Draft' version.  You will need to re-approve all of these emails to see the updated email template.

You can do a 'bulk approve' by doing the following:

1: Go to design Studio

2: Click on 'Emails' (you'll now see all of your emails in Marketo listed here

3: Sort emails either by template or 'last updated'.  I tend to use 'Last updated' as any email template change will 'update' all he emails using the template.

4: Using the Shift or CTRL key select all the emails using the updated template (you might have to do this page by page if there are loads)

5: On the top bar (under the tabs), click Email Actions>Approve Drafts  - this will approve all of the draft emails selected in one go.

6: Go to Marketing Activities and you should be able to select an email and see the changes,

Hope this helps 🙂

Juli

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Julz_James
Level 10

Hi,

If you update and email template then all of the email that are using that template will go into 'Draft' version.  You will need to re-approve all of these emails to see the updated email template.

You can do a 'bulk approve' by doing the following:

1: Go to design Studio

2: Click on 'Emails' (you'll now see all of your emails in Marketo listed here

3: Sort emails either by template or 'last updated'.  I tend to use 'Last updated' as any email template change will 'update' all he emails using the template.

4: Using the Shift or CTRL key select all the emails using the updated template (you might have to do this page by page if there are loads)

5: On the top bar (under the tabs), click Email Actions>Approve Drafts  - this will approve all of the draft emails selected in one go.

6: Go to Marketing Activities and you should be able to select an email and see the changes,

Hope this helps 🙂

Juli

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Thanks for your help James!

Julz_James
Level 10

Not a problem at all.

Thanks

Juli