Re: Updates to emails template reverting back to the original template when approved

Bou_Xiong
Level 2

Updates to emails template reverting back to the original template when approved

Has anyone run into an issue of updating an email template and then your email is revert back to the original template when approved? Is there an easier way to make an update without making any changes to current emails?

I have to update some footer that we have on our email templates and have know that if we make any updates to the template all emails that are using the templates would need to be re-approved to see the changes. The problem that I run across is that, if I approved the changes on my emails, it would revert back to the original template. Not sure if anyone has run across this problem or not. Would it just mean that I would not be able to re-approved emails that has already been approved? Or is there there something that I'm doing incorrectly that is causing this problem. Any help would be great.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Updates to emails template reverting back to the original template when approved

Bou,

I've run into this issue before as well and couldn't find a workaround. As you said, it happens when you update the source template.

Perhaps someone from support could chime in here.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also been having this issue and it's very frustrating. Almost negates the point of having templates! I'm having to manually update links in the footer of my emails even though I've done it in the templates and re-approved the emails themselves. WHY??? I've also found this when making changes in the body or header of the template.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. I made a template to a link in the footer section of an email template. Then all the emails that are currently using that template revert to draft. If I approve it, the links in the footer do not update to what the approved template has. It defeats the purpose of having a template. I now have to update manually all of the emails using that template.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't want to make the change at the template level, you should be able to go in to the HTML source code at the specific email level and edit the code there. At least I've made edits that way when I've needed to add one-off components to emails.

Use the Replace HTML code

pastedImage_0.png