Re: Updated Smart List vs. active campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated Smart List vs. active campaign

Hi Community,

In a Campaign, does Marketo run the smart list again before each Flow Step?

We have two Send Email flow steps in our campaign. As an example, if during the first Send Email there were 80 leads in the Smart List and then during the second Send Email there were 100 leads in the Smart List, would Marketo send to the 80 or the 100 leads?

Thanks!
Hoi
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this a filter campaign, it would send however many leads qualified at the time of activation of the smart campaign.  Which I think in your scenario means 80.

If this is a trigger campaign, then each lead that qualifies for the rules would be sent the two emails.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Jessica. This is what I thought as well.

This is a filter campaign so it does look like the campaign will send to however many leads qualified at the time of activation.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Related:

If I update/added Flow Steps of a (filtered) Smart Campaign after I have activated it, will Marketo execute the new Flow Steps?

Thanks,
Hoi
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hoi,
Marketo will execute the new flow step only if you run the filtered campaign again and change your rules to allow "each lead to run through multiple times".  This article does a good job of describing filtered smart campaigns https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LBZUCA4

Thanks,
Jessica