SOLVED

Update fields via spreadsheet without email address match

Go to solution
Jason_Raisleger
Level 4

Update fields via spreadsheet without email address match

I am trying to do something that I don't believe is possible but I'm hoping I'm wrong. I want to add transactional data to leads via a csv import. Right now, we get our transactional data from BI with no connector to Marketo. What I would like to do is match the CRM Account ID from BI to the CRM Account ID in Marketo because BI doesn't contain email addresses. Every month I would like to upload a spreadsheet with our new transaction and upload them to Marketo. See my example below.

Lead Database

Name

Email
Company
CRM Accout ID
Joe Smithjsmith@email.comAbc Corp123456
Jane Thomasjane.thomas@xyzmail.comXZY Industries852258
Jamie Thomasjthomas@email.comAbc Corp

Monthly Spreadsheet Upload

CRM Account IDFirst Order Date
First Order Value
Last Order DateLast Order Value
1234566/21/16$416.257/4/16$825.40

In this example, both Joe Smith and Jamie Thomas of Abc Corp would have their records updated so that the first order date, first order value, last order date and last order value would be the same for both leads.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Update fields via spreadsheet without email address match

This is not something that can be done directly from the Marketo interface, but you could pull down a list of everyone with their CRM account ID and email address, and do some Excel magic before doing the upload. There might also be third party tools or programmed things (via the API) that will accomplish this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Update fields via spreadsheet without email address match

This is not something that can be done directly from the Marketo interface, but you could pull down a list of everyone with their CRM account ID and email address, and do some Excel magic before doing the upload. There might also be third party tools or programmed things (via the API) that will accomplish this.